Having access to great resources is invaluable for nonprofit organizations. With just a click of your digital device from virtually anywhere in the world, anyone can tune it to a webinar or podcast, which is especially important right now as we continue to stay at home and work remotely in an effort to stem the spread of COVID-19. The webinar format turns the internet into a wonderful forum for education. There are hundreds of webinar options for nonprofit organizations designed to share information, teach and inspire.
Some are free and only require that you join; others ask for basic courtesy information about who you are and the mission of your organization; and some charge a fee. In most cases, once you register for a webinar, you’ll usually receive updates, so you don’t forget to put it on your calendar.
Check Out Nonprofit Learning Lab
One of our favorite sources for informative webinars is our fantastic partner, Nonprofit Learning Lab, which offers a wonderful catalog of free webinars on a variety of topics beneficial to nonprofit organizations. The wide range of topics covers timely subjects including How to Shift to Online Fundraising When We Can’t Gather, How to Access Emergency Funds for Nonprofits Amidst a Pandemic and Building Donation Landing Pages for #GivingTuesdayNow with WordPress. The collection also includes a library of webinars that can benefit every nonprofit organization, such as Optimize your LinkedIn Profile, Cultivating a Culture of Philanthropy on the Board and How to Use Social Media Effectively.
Other Sources of Nonprofit Webinars
Here’s a list (although by no means complete) several other webinars for nonprofit organizations that you make want to check out to:
- 4Good: Started by corporate social responsibility wonks over at DonateWell, 4Good works to connect social good organizations with professionals and community members to maximize resources behind shared goals. Free and paid.
- BoardSource: Excellent webinars focused on their mission: to encourage excellent leadership in the nonprofit sector. Paid.
- CauseVox: Webinars focus on building stronger relationships between organizations and their donors, in addition to bringing in new donors and raising more money online. Free.
- CharityHowTo: CharityHowTo exists to help nonprofits learn, so nonprofit webinars are pretty much their raison d’etre. Webinars cover everything from recruitment to donor relationships and acquisition. Free & paid.
- EveryAction: A CRM software designed specifically for nonprofits and social good organizations, with webinars mainly about fundraising. Free.
- Grantspace: A product of the Foundation Center, GrantSpace provides tools and resources on grant writing and how nonprofits can become better grant applicants. Free.
- MobileCause: MobileCause provides mobile and digital fundraising software built exclusively for nonprofits and offers webinars focused on fundraising. Free.
- Moz: A variety of SEO tools and resources to help boost businesses’ search engine rankings with information about SEO, content marketing and storytelling with data. Free (join to watch).
- Network for Good: A reliable source of information with an extensive list of webinars covering everything from donor relations, email marketing, social media and the science of giving. Free.
- Nonprofit Hub: Topics ranging from your social media presence, how to optimize landing pages, and what the best online tools are for nonprofits. Free.
- Nonprofit Tech for Good: They host webinars from organizations and individuals, but the webinars are not recorded, so you have to watch live—or register in advance to receive detailed notes. Free & paid.
- Nonprofit Quarterly: An extensive collection of webinars covering a variety of topics including nonprofit business models, COVID-19 information, endowments, etc. Free.
- Peer to Peer from Blackbaud: This webinar series features knowledge and advice from peer-to-peer experts about storytelling, peer-to-peer fundraising and more. Free.
- TechSoup: Featuring webinars on everything from social media, to marketing and outreach, to technology planning. Free & paid.
- VolunteerMatch: A job board for volunteer opportunities, that also hosts a robust online Learning Center jam-packed with resources on effectively finding, training, and managing volunteers. Free.
- Wild Apricot: Wild Apricot not only hosts their own stellar webinars, but they also aggregate webinars. Free.